Reception, Year 1 & Year 2
Since September 2014, children in Reception and Key Stage 1 have received a free school meal in line with government initiative. The initiative was introduced to ensure all infant children were in receipt of a hot meal each day, in a bid to raise academic standards and save families money.
Whilst all children in these year groups are automatically entitled to receive free school meals, it is still VITAL that you complete the paperwork below if you believe that you qualify for Free School Meals to ensure school receive the appropriate level of funding to support your child (details of ‘qualifying criteria’ below).
Years 3 to 6
Parents/Carers of children in these year groups are entitled to receive free school meals if they are in receipt of the following benefits and tax credits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job-seeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income, as assessed by the Inland Revenue that does not exceed £16,190 or
- Guarantee element of Pension Credit
Children who receive Income Support or Income-based Job-seeker’s Allowance in their own right are also entitled to receive free school meals.
Free meal forms are available in school if you are in receipt of Income Support / Job Seeker’s Allowance (income based) or Child Tax Credit (not Working Tax Credit). Alternatively, you can download the form here and return to the school office: